Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dude, what the fuck is this shit?

Seriously. I just heard this record yesterday...'Paradise Don't Come Cheap' by New Kingdom. It was on a list of 'different' rap albums, much like the Sensational stuff I put up a while back. I think this one takes the cake on the weirdness factor, though. The beats aren't so much beats as they are noisy bongwater sound collages, and the two dudes don't so much rap as they rasp and growl incomprehensibly about whatever the fuck they want. Plus every song is sloooooooooooowwwwwwww and kinda dizzy-feeling. Check out the lyricals:
'Have you ever been suspended in....AAAAIIIIIRRRR?? Well, I have in my favorite chair, in my favorite room, where I hope shit can't break me out this cocoon.' (Suspended in Air)
One of the all-around coolest rap albums ever. So, I'm putting it up as a download.

Artist: New Kingdom
Album: Paradise Don't Come Cheap
Year: 1996

Tracklist:

1. Mexico or Bust
2. Horse Latitudes
3. Infested
4. Unicorns were Horses
5. Kickin' Like Bruce Lee
6. Shining Armor
7. Paradise Don't Come Cheap
8. Co Pilot
9. Big 10 1/2
10. Valhalla Soothsayer
11. Animal
12. Half Asleep
13. Terror Mad Visionary
14. Suspended in Air
15. Journey to the Sun

DOWNLOAD

No comments: