Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Return to Trash Radio

For those of you who liked my Trash Radio broadcasts this summer, I'm bringin' 'em back for a few more editions. The first one is going to be something different. It's my first stab at what might be called 'experimental' or 'meta' radio...it's an aural trip to a place called Slime City...kind of like getting sucked into a 1980's made-for-tv-movie and exercise video all at once...or at least that's what it's supposed to be like. It's a sound collage made up of library music, lo-fi, 80's commercials, exercise videos, and hypnotic hip hop. Anyhow, here's how it's going down.

I'm doing this in the Forte slot on WIDR FM...11 pm to 2 am this Friday night (EST). The Slime City broadcast will be an hour long, and will appear right in the middle of the show.

You can stream WIDR live here. Just click on the 'Listen Now' icon in the upper right-hand corner.

Sometimes the web stream lags, so if you hear punk rock, keep listening...I should be on in a bit.

Of course, I'll upload the podcast here at some point.

If it goes over well, I might do a few more Slime City broadcasts, and I'll definitely be doing some more Trash Radio things.

No comments: